• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing from LR cc to LR classic?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally use LR classic on my Windows 10 desktop, but I was away on holiday recently and took some photos that I downloaded to a MacBook and edited using LR cc. I connected my camera to the MacBook using a USB cable and added the photos to LR cc (my camera appeared in the list of sources).

When I got home, I tried syncing on LR classic, but only some of the photos I took were transferred to my desktop.

I've also got LR cc on my desktop - I don't know whether than confuses the issue. If I open Lightroom cc on my desktop, I can see only the photos that have synced and not the other ones.

Any help appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the sync status on the MacBook? Did you leave it connected until everything uploaded into the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea - I've never used a MacBook before or synced LR. I'm pretty competent with Windows but I'm a complete numpty when it comes to Mac!

But the MacBook was connected to the internet all the time I was using it (it was connected to a wireless network) and I spent quite a lot of time editing and exporting jpeg versions of my photos to post on Facebook. I just assumed it put all the pics on the cloud automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my earlier post, I've just had a look on the MacBook and it says there are 232 photos on the cloud, taking up 1.5 GB, in one album. It has all the pics I took while I was away except for the ones that got synced earlier.

The version of LR cc on my desktop has the same 1.5 GB figure for the amount of storage used, but it doesn't say anything about how many photos there are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can log-in from a web browser to see exactly what is stored in the cloud.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I didn't know that.

When I log in, it tells me there are 51 photos - and these are the same ones I synced earlier. They include some I took on my recent trip and also some from an earlier trip, which I had downloaded to my phone and edited in the LR app. And these are the same 51 photos that are in LR cc on my desktop computer.

But when I look at the MacBook, it says there are 232 photos, which are all from the recent trip and don't include any of the other 51.

It's kinda like I'm looking at two different clouds: one with 51 photos and one with 232.
It's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the other photos in the Apple Photos app and the iCloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I've sorted it now.

When I looked at the MacBook, it said there were 232 photos in cloud storage - but they actually weren't in the cloud at all. Only 51 had been synced. When I realised it was saying syncing was paused, I got it to resume, and all 232 photos ended up in the cloud, then I was able to sync them to LR classic on my desktop.

But - if the images weren't in the cloud and weren't on the MacBook itself - where the heck were they? I'd edited quite a few of them and exported them as jpegs.

I'm still baffled, but at least I salvaged all my pictures!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If sync was paused the imported photos would have been in temporary storage. Glad to hear you were able to re-start sync.

The image below shows how you can read the sync status.

Sync-Status.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines