Highlighted

Syncing Lightroom Classic with Lightroom Mobile

Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me start by saying I know this is all very confusing to me and perhaps even to some if not most of you. So, that said, I would appreciate any kind spirited help I can receive.

To setup Lightroom Classic sync with Lightroom Mobile and avoid using up my MIcrosoft OneDrive storage and avoid using up my PCs hard drive storage what do you suggest using as a storage location for synced files and what happens if I do not set a default storage location for synced files?

Additionally, I noticed that when syncing from LRMobile on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android v. 10 Phone that the file I synced showed up in Lightroom Classic in a collection named From Lightroom Mobile and when I followed that file to a folder in Lightroom Classic it was a folder with a very long numerical name which I couldn't find in Explorer. So my question is how do I then move that file from that folder to a folder where the rest of my original images reside which is my external hard drive? Part 2 of the question is did that location (the long numerical folder name) get used because at the time I synced the file with Lightroom mobile I didn't have Lighroom Classic up and running and therefore there was no connection to my external hard drive where both my original files (and catalog) reside?

Best Regards,

GEGJr

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Topics

Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Syncing Lightroom Classic with Lightroom Mobile

Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me start by saying I know this is all very confusing to me and perhaps even to some if not most of you. So, that said, I would appreciate any kind spirited help I can receive.

To setup Lightroom Classic sync with Lightroom Mobile and avoid using up my MIcrosoft OneDrive storage and avoid using up my PCs hard drive storage what do you suggest using as a storage location for synced files and what happens if I do not set a default storage location for synced files?

Additionally, I noticed that when syncing from LRMobile on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android v. 10 Phone that the file I synced showed up in Lightroom Classic in a collection named From Lightroom Mobile and when I followed that file to a folder in Lightroom Classic it was a folder with a very long numerical name which I couldn't find in Explorer. So my question is how do I then move that file from that folder to a folder where the rest of my original images reside which is my external hard drive? Part 2 of the question is did that location (the long numerical folder name) get used because at the time I synced the file with Lightroom mobile I didn't have Lighroom Classic up and running and therefore there was no connection to my external hard drive where both my original files (and catalog) reside?

Best Regards,

GEGJr

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Topics

Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

To setup Lightroom Classic sync with Lightroom Mobile and avoid using up my MIcrosoft OneDrive storage and avoid using up my PCs hard drive storage what do you suggest using as a storage location for synced files and what happens if I do not set a default storage location for synced files?"

LR will create a default storage location which is obviously not ideal, but it has to download them somewhere. So choose where you do want them to be stored - just right click a folder or go into Preferences.

With files that have already been synced to a folder location, select them in LR and drag them to the folder where you want them. They're in this folder because they synced to the default which was set by LR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines