• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Lrc to a collection, editing in lr, syncing back to Lrc from collection

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported images to Lrc, processed a bit, flagged seclections and created a smart collection. The smart collection is synced. I opened up the smart collection on my mackbook pro, exported the image to Ps, completed the edit and saved it back to Lr. I went back to my desktop (iMac Pro) and opened up the smart collection and located the image I edited on my macbook pro. How do i sync the edited image from the smart collection back into the original folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have difficulty following your workflow, and maybe some terms need re-defining.

created a smart collection. The smart collection is synced.

You cannot 'Sync' Smart Collections from Lightroom-Classic!  Only 'Standard' Collections.

You cannot sync files between TWO Lr-Classic Catalogs on different computers.

I opened up the smart collection on my mackbook pro,

Do you mean you 'opened' an Album in Lightroom-mobile v3.4, or-

Is this somehow another Lr-Classic CATALOG on the macbook pro?

exported the image to Ps, completed the edit and saved it back to Lr.

Do you mean you IMPORTED a new Photoshop file to Lightroom v3.4 after editing?

And do you know that this file would have a long-edge dimension of 2560 pixels? (the dimension of files synced to the Cloud from Lr-Classic)

I went back to my desktop (iMac Pro) and opened up the smart collection and located the image I edited on my macbook pro.

Which image? The original that was initially synced up to the Cloud from the iMac?

Did you search 'All Synced Photographs' for the new Photoshop file that would have downloaded from the Cloud?

How do i sync the edited image from the smart collection back into the original folder?

New files that are created in Lightroom-mobile will automatically sync back to the iMac Classic catalog, but not necessarily in the synced Collection, it depends where you placed the new Ps file in Lightroom-mobile- that could be the Album with the Collection name, or somewhere else..

So tell us with a bit more detail, the versions of Lightroom you are using on both computers.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be of some help to you:

How do I sync a smart collection to Lightroom Mobile
1) Create your Smart Collection
2) Create a Collection Set that includes the Smart Collection
3) Create a normal Collection that includes the Collection Set  you created in step #2. Enable sync on this Collection.
Unfortunately, this will just sync a one-time snapshot of the smart collection.   But if the smart collection results change, those changes won't get synced to LR Mobile.  
Most people who want to sync smart collections to LR Mobile want LR Mobile to be updated whenever the smart-collection results change: Lightroom: Ability to sync Smart Collections to Lightroom Mobile / lightroom.adobe.com | Photoshop F...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines