Highlighted

Syncing only rated images

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no setting in which I can restrict syncing to rated images only?  I would prefer not to be spending time and bandwidth on images I will not be using.   Would be a huge, and relatively simple implimentation if not...

xo

Topics

Feature request, How to, Performance, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Syncing only rated images

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no setting in which I can restrict syncing to rated images only?  I would prefer not to be spending time and bandwidth on images I will not be using.   Would be a huge, and relatively simple implimentation if not...

xo

Topics

Feature request, How to, Performance, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Lightroom Classic question?

You can use the Filter Bar to select only the desired rated images, and then you drag those photos into the desired collection. Then you sync that collection.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is.  I've just updated LR Classic and thought I saw a note suggesting that the updated Cloud syncing function was based on Catalogues rather than collections??   I was about to go about removing all 0 rated images in my current catalogue...glad not to do so however.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems it was as I suspected.. and ALL my images from the cloud are syncing to my machine, which is no good.  No where is the off button???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the version NUMBER of your Lightroom? We need the NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Only collections in Lightroom Classic can be synched with "the cloud". Collections have to be within a catalog, and only one catalog can have collections synched.

Did you even try the method I suggested?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom Classic 9.3

I understand how to populate a folder or a collection with the desired images. 

I looked for an option to sync only the collection I wished to see on the cloud and I saw no option.  When I started up the sync function, it just started pulling all my cloud stuff onto my local macbook (which wont fit).  There was no way to set limited syncing?  Can you please confirm I am missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in LR Mobile, I do not know any way to filter the synced images. I totally support your request for improvement. Adobe shall work on the sync process. It is not mature and does not offer any flexibility. Even, it wants to sync no longer existing images. Please Mister Adobe, work on sync process and make it user friendly not tech friendly and requiring tons of bandwidth. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there no setting in which I can restrict syncing to rated images only?"

You can make a smart collection that matches rated images and then sync that smart collection with LR Cloudy using the Any Source or Smart Collection Sync plugins. Syncing smart collections (without needing a plugin) is by far the most requested feature for LR Classic:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_should_be_able_to_sync_smart_collec...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines