• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing only selected photos from LR Classic to LR CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a few posts sort of about this, but none exactly answer the question. I spent about 2 hours with Adobe tech support today and to no avail...

Does anyone know how to sync only certain (selected) photos from LR Classic to LR CC on a MacBook Pro? I've tried the tutorials, but my LR Classic doesn't match what's in the tutorials (I have the most recent version). It appears that you should be able to select collections for sync, but when I create the collection, I don't have the option to sync with LR and I don't have the little bar thingy to the the left of the collection to turn off or on. I don't want all my LR CC images going into Classic, and don't want all Classic images going into CC. There's got to be a way to select and sync only certain images...right??? TIA! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

In Lr-CLASSIC, Do you have the 'Cloud' sync turned on in the Cloud icon that is top-right corner of the LrC screen?

Do you use more than one LrC Catalog? (You can only Sync from ONE catalog and only ONE computer.)

Lr-CLASSIC will sync photos (as Smart Previews) up to the Cloud as you suggest- Only from  Standard Collections marked to sync. (Not a Smart Collection) so you can be selective.

All Photos that were Imported directly to Lightroom (by a mobile device) will sync down to Lr-Classic! You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

The solution is easy. First you have to enable sync of the catalog. It seems you have not done that yet. You do this in the upper right corner of the main screen, the small cloud icon. After you have enabled sync, you will see the option to sync a collection. So now you can sync only certain images by adding these to a synced collection. Synced collections become albums in Lightroom desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lr-CLASSIC, Do you have the 'Cloud' sync turned on in the Cloud icon that is top-right corner of the LrC screen?

Do you use more than one LrC Catalog? (You can only Sync from ONE catalog and only ONE computer.)

Lr-CLASSIC will sync photos (as Smart Previews) up to the Cloud as you suggest- Only from  Standard Collections marked to sync. (Not a Smart Collection) so you can be selective.

All Photos that were Imported directly to Lightroom (by a mobile device) will sync down to Lr-Classic! You have no way to select. It is "All or Nothing!"  when Sync is active in LrC. (one of the limitations with LrC)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works, thank you! I couldn't see how to deselect the collections at first, but now that I've created a folder JUST for that and turned the others off, it's working well. I do wish it didn't download allllll that junk that's on my iPhone but I've set LR CC so that it doesn't automatically sync with my iPhone so hopefully we can avoid that moving forward. 

I sent the sync from the iPhone to land in a folder that doesn't go to iCloud and is just on my computer (per the recommendation of the Adobe Tutorial) but I'm not really sure why because Lightroom doesn't sync to iCloud....still a little confused but the goal of sending only certain images to LR CC seems to be achieved! I did notice that the RAW file didn't convert to a JPEG tho. When I share from LR CC will it be a JPEG? How can I add a watermark--can I do that from LR CC? 

lol so many questions!!! Thank you again for your help😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry what is Lr CC? There is no version of Lr that has CC in the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just referring to the Lightroom Creative Cloud--the mobile app. 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same concern since years. But I also did not find a solution. Good luck

Best Regards
Éric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric's IPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like it would be more simple than it is, doesn't it??

Try the solutions offered here. I'm not very software savvy, but it worked! As WobertC notes above, alllll the photos in LR CC (i.e. everything on my iPhone...😏 was uploaded to LR Classic but I just plan to ignore it. Be sure and set up a separate collection (named mine LR Classic CC Sync) and disable all your other collections except that one. Then drag just the photos that you want to go into that collection and sync. So far it's working fine. I just wish that everything from LR CC didn't fall into Classic when I do it but 🤷‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is easy. First you have to enable sync of the catalog. It seems you have not done that yet. You do this in the upper right corner of the main screen, the small cloud icon. After you have enabled sync, you will see the option to sync a collection. So now you can sync only certain images by adding these to a synced collection. Synced collections become albums in Lightroom desktop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I hadn't been able to see how to select certain collections and so have a bit of clean up to do...but I think I've got it now. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines