syncing

Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can upload pictures from LR Classic to the cloud and see my pictures via my LR app on my smartphone

But...

Can I work the other way around?    Can I download pictures from my LRapp on my smartphone into the LR classic?    

If yes, please let me know how   🙂 since I can't download pictures from my iphone directly (cable) into LR classic (LRC doesn't see any picture of my smartphone).

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

syncing

Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can upload pictures from LR Classic to the cloud and see my pictures via my LR app on my smartphone

But...

Can I work the other way around?    Can I download pictures from my LRapp on my smartphone into the LR classic?    

If yes, please let me know how   🙂 since I can't download pictures from my iphone directly (cable) into LR classic (LRC doesn't see any picture of my smartphone).

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have started sync in Lightroom-Classic then you should not have to do anything. Your photos taken with the Adobe-Lr phone app should automatically download and appear in the Lr-Classic catalog.

The phone App needs to be the 'Adobe Lightroom' app (not a 'free' or 'premium' app, from another supplier)

The phone photos need to be 'taken' with the Adobe Lightroom App, or set to copy from the 'native' phone camera to the Adobe Lightroom App.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1, Photoshop 22.1, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thanks for the info.  Yes I am using the 'official' apps from Adobe.

Wat I didn't do till now was using the LR app to take the pictures...   I took 5 pictures... but they do not sync.

the pictures do not show up in LR...(the eyeglass keeps spinning)Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 19.24.19.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sync" problems are the most frequent questions in the (Cloud) forums. A Googly search gave 1,580,000 results 🙂

Very few people seem to have definitive answers, and I am not one the them 😞   My 'sync' just worked without problems.

Your Lr-Classic knows there are files to Sync 'down' but is having trouble completing the download for some reason. Does Lightroom have full permissions in Mac System Preferences? (especially if using Catalina OS).

Some suggest resetting the Sync data-

MENU: Edit > Preferences > Lightroom Sync tab > hold down the Alt/Option key to- [Rebuild Sync Data]   (The Cog wheel on the Cloud icon dialog will also open the Sync Preferences.)

Here is a youtubi link that suggests 'Files deleted in the Cloud are the problem'-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGCvjy9HqBQ

I hope you get it going!

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1, Photoshop 22.1, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.
If you are using Lightroom CC mobile (desktop version) and have the annoying permanently pending syncing cloud icon stuck trying to sync one or more images, ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0