• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncro Issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I all, I've always used the CC Online system, to work on photos, create albums, etc.

I wanted to start using Lightroom Classic for more precise and complete post production work. I've turned in the syncro button with my adobe account and now the app has began downloading all my pictures on my mac, clearly occupying a lot of space.

Is there a way to go back and avoid to eliminate photos from the cloud?

I would prefer to use the L Classic app on a "stand alone basis" importing specific files, work on them and then re-upload through L CC. THank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn off (pauze) sync of the Lightroom Classic catalog, you can then remove the downloaded photos and delete them from disk. Do not ever turn on sync again, because that will delete the photos from the cloud.

A workflow with Lightroom Classic as a 'stand alone' app sounds very inefficient to me, and it is bound to let you make mistakes. What is it that you would want to do in Lightroom Classic and then upload again?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thany you Johan

My idea was to work on Classic on a specific folder (i.e. photos taken during a trip) then delete them from my mac and upload on the Cloud to free space on the computer.

Is there any other way to undo the synchro? (maybe loggin out from the L Classic )?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't log out of Lightroom Classic, because then it will refuse to run.

I'm still not sure what kind of work on a folder in Lightroom Classic you would want to do that you can't do in Lightroom desktop. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you could create a brand new catalog in Lightroom Classic (and not sync it), but that is basically the same as not syncing the old one anymore.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so basically I have three alternatives:

1. I keep everything synchronized (but to better understand how it works: since I have all the folders made in L CC when I will create new ones it would be preferable to start from the Ipad or the CC Desktop app instead of creating the folder in L Classic (otherwise I have previews on one side and files on the other?)

2. I pause sync and delete the files on the mac

3. I pause sync delete the catalog and create a new one (seems to me that this is safer to avoid any mistake in the future)

The L Classic tools for development are more complete and professional to my understanding. Tks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, those are the three alternatives.

Lightroom Classics tools for development are almost identical to the tools in Lightroom cloud. That is why I keep asking you what it is you think you would be doing in Lightroom Classic that you cannot do in Lightroom.

Don't get me wrong. I am a Lightroom Classic user myself and I would never switch to Lightroom, so I'm not biased towards Lightroom. I'm just curious why you would want to create this workflow.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines