• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Crash when using Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update of Lightroom, I'm experiencing a recurring full system seize. No mouse or keyboard response. About 1 to 2 minutes after that, my 2016 MacBook Pro restarts. It happened six times today.

MacBook Pro is running the latest OS with current updates.

Does anyone have some information on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a 13" non touch MBP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, 15" Touchbar.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 7.15.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a hardware issue. If your entire machine locks up something more serious is happening than a software bug. I would go by a Apple store if you have one close by and have the hardware checked out.

You could try turning off GPU acceleration in the performance tab of the Lightroom preferences as one big change in LR 9 is that more operations are GPU accelerated.

P.S. I have a very similar machine (2018 15" touch MBP running Catalina) and do not have lockups like you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be some luck. Having a hardware malfunction in conjunction with a software update. As for the GPU acceleration, that has also been disabled with no improvement. I had my catalog, backups, and cache saving to my Google Drive. I have switched them to my internal drive to see if there are any changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely do NOT want your cache on a cloud syncing drive! There is no point and can only lead to trouble. Lots of problems with catalogs on cloud syncing services by the way. Some seem to work but some can lead to crashing. Don't know about Google Drive for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know. It's been amazing until the 2020 version of the Adobe Suite. I figure it was just dumb luck that it's worked for this long. Regardless, all cloud-based operations have been relocated to the internal SSD. I'll contact Apple on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reason I mentioned the one MacBock Pro, that yors is not, is a battery recall. At least one other meber had a crash issue like yours, went to Apple Store, Batteries were seling. A recall was invoked.

Still, you might want to visit an Apple Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I'll give them a call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines