Highlighted

Tagged / named people aren't searchable

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I've got a question. I'm looking at a picture I have in my LR Classic (totally updated) library with 8 people in there, all 8 are tagged correctly (via Face detect and then manually labeling them. The keywords section is empty. From what I understand Face tagged names are added to People Keywords, thus making them searchable. If I go to "All Photographs" in the catalog, and I click "Text" and I search with the people's names as they appear, the picture(s) don't appear. Why is this? Am I searching incorrectly? I would like to be able to filter photos by searching groups of people who I know were in that photo together. Why is it not working? Am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tagged / named people aren't searchable

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I've got a question. I'm looking at a picture I have in my LR Classic (totally updated) library with 8 people in there, all 8 are tagged correctly (via Face detect and then manually labeling them. The keywords section is empty. From what I understand Face tagged names are added to People Keywords, thus making them searchable. If I go to "All Photographs" in the catalog, and I click "Text" and I search with the people's names as they appear, the picture(s) don't appear. Why is this? Am I searching incorrectly? I would like to be able to filter photos by searching groups of people who I know were in that photo together. Why is it not working? Am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you tag in Face Detect by entering a name, are you recording the tag by pressing the [Enter] key or [Clicking] on the check mark?

As you tag a face with a name the 'head' shot should disappear from the screen.

I am able to do a Filter Search by using-  Keywords / Contain /  Name

And the names appear in the Keyword list that can be searched in the KW 'Filter' search box.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious, I don't have name. I have Keywords or Copy name or Filename .... But no "Name." I've been using Keywords, which, curiously, has been working for some but not for all (as with the case I mentioned in my original post). Can you show me your screenshot of "Keywords --> Contain --> Name" to see where it is? 

LR1.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My explanation misled!

For "Name" you type the person name that you have assigned as a tag. Eg. "Bill Smith", and the search will find all photos tagged with Bill and Smith.

ScreenShot001.jpg

ScreenShot003.jpg

Or in the Keyword List Panel- Type a Person Keyword in the search box to limit the Keywords to the typed info. eg. "Bill Smith" will find keywords with those tags, Then click the small arrow on a Keyword line to show the photos so tagged.

ScreenShot002.jpg

ScreenShot005.jpg

I hope this makes sense for you!

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines