• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporarily Unable to Repair Corrupt Catalog?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Has anyone else encountered this before? I haven't been able to open this catalog and keep getting the "unexpected error" message, so I tried to test and repair the catalog. Is there anything else I can do? Or does this mean that this catalog is permanently broken? I'm having this same issue with several other catalogs as well, but not all of them on my hard drive strangely.

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.11.16 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue you are facing while trying to open the Lightroom Catalogs. This may happen due to Lightroom not having the correct permissions to the location where the catalogs are stored.

Would you mind sharing some more information like where the catalogs are stored (on the computers local storage or an external drive)? Also, are you using a Mac or a Windows computer (the operating system version would also be helpful)?

Please try and give permissions to the folder in which you have the catalogs by following the steps mentioned in the link below and then restart the computer prior to opening the catalogs with Lightroom Classic again to check if that helps.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlp1203/mac

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikunj,

I am having similar catalog issues.  I thought it may have been due to a shortage of disk space so I installed a new external hard drive.  But, to no avail.  I did reset my permissions as well.  Can you offer any other suggestions to help?

Thanks,

Daryl Gilbert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the experience with the Lightroom Classic catalog. Would you mind telling us which version of Lightroom Classic you are using along with your computers operating system? Is the catalog saved on an external drive? If yes, try moving the catalog to your computers local storage to check if that helps.

You can also try launching Lightroom Classic with the Ctrl/Command + shift keys pressed & you should get a window to select the catalog you wish to open. Select your catalog from the list, check the box to run an integrity check on the catalog & then try to open it.

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

1.  Lightroom Classic - software is currently up to date via the Creative Cloud
     2.  Operating System - iMacOS Big Sur Version 11.4 on an iMac 27"
     3.  The catalog is on the Macintosh internal hard drive path:  Macintosh HD/Users/darylgilbertsr>Pictures>Lighrtroom 
          Thinking that it may be a disk drive storage issue, I made a copy of the three category files on a new 12TB G external hard drive, single partition:
             Lighroom Catalog-2-2-v10
             Lighroom Catalog-2-2-v10 Previews.lrdata
             Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10 Helper.lrdata
     4.  I've used Ctrl/Command +shift to start LR, I get the following errors:
             Corrupt Catalog Detected
                   Repair
                   Temporarily unable to repair corrupt catalog
           I've tried this on older catalogs remaining on my hard drive but the system wants to update them first.
           These error messages occur on both the internal hard drive catalog and the new external hard drive catalog
           The integrity check always bombs out.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Daryl! Please check if Lightroom Classic has the necessary permissions on macOS using the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Also, please update Lightroom Classic to 10.3 if you haven't already to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nikunj,

1.  Lightroom Classic has now been added to Accessibility.

2.  Lightroom Classic now has Full disk access

3.  Mac was restarted.

4.  Lightroom Classic has now been updated to 10.3

5.  Still unable to open Lightroom Classic and still getting Temporarily Unable to Repair Corrupt Catalog.

Still hoping for a miracle.

Thanks,

Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem and nothing works. I'm on Windows and only one catalog is behaving like this. Coincidence or not, this issue happened when I updated my Lightroom from v10 to v11. First time I have ever seen anything like that. The catalog was recently new, so the 1 week default backup did not happened, but I had almost 30 hours of work spent in the catalog so far... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original posting is:

• Two years old
  • Involves a different version of LrC
  • Involves a different OS
  • Appears to not have been solved, at least OP did not reply as such

Please post your own discussion. Include more info, at least

• Full Adobe program name and version
  • Full Operating Systen name , build/version
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • GPU make/model, and driver version

using the followin SOP will help with Sys Info

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you do regular catalog backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines