Highlighted

Tethering a Nikkon D5000

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to connect my Nikkon D5000 to my Lightroom, the so called tethering. I want to see the image on my screen instead of the camera, and work with that image from my laptop. I want to learn everything there is to food styling and I honestly thought this camera was compatible with LR. 
Can someone assist me on how to tether my camera, or let me know what other tools are out there available for this?

Regards,

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tethering a Nikkon D5000

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to connect my Nikkon D5000 to my Lightroom, the so called tethering. I want to see the image on my screen instead of the camera, and work with that image from my laptop. I want to learn everything there is to food styling and I honestly thought this camera was compatible with LR. 
Can someone assist me on how to tether my camera, or let me know what other tools are out there available for this?

Regards,

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the link below helps, also the screen capture.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html 

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 9.30.41 PM.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.4, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That model IS supported for tethered shooting. If you are asking for live view prior to taking the image, I don't believe that option is available for any DSLR. The image only appears in LrC after the image has been taken.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While some of the info relates to macOS please see the screen capture.

In addition, there are two versions of Lightroom Apps for your computer Lightroom Classic (current version) 9.3 and Lightroom (current version) 3.3.Indicat what you are using.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.4, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answers given above.

But if you do want Live-View, then the only option is to use independent software-

http://digicamcontrol.com/

And use 'Auto-Import' to automatically add the photos to the Lr Catalog. (NOT with 'Tethering' to Lr.)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0