Highlighted

Tethering Canon EOS 200D camera to lightroom

Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to tether my Canon EOS 200D (Rebel SL2) DSLR camera to Lightroom?

Appreciate any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tethering Canon EOS 200D camera to lightroom

Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to tether my Canon EOS 200D (Rebel SL2) DSLR camera to Lightroom?

Appreciate any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doesn't appear on the list of supported cameras, so I guess the answer is that it's not possible: A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2019 2
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Do you know if Lightroom might offer tethering for this camera at any time in the near future?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never announces their intentions, so I couldn't say. However, as it's a fairly recent camera, and the original 100D IS supported, I guess there's a good chance it'll happen at some point. A lot would depend on how quickly Canon updates their own SDK to support tethering (if they haven't yet done so).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2019 2
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks again - hopefully it won't be too long

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if it's now possible to tether my Canon EOS 200D (Rebel SL2) DSLR camera to Lightroom?

I appreciate that a year ago it was not but I am wondering if this has since been updated?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0