• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tethering directly from my D810 to my iPad

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm from Belgium but I'll put this in English so maybe I'll get an answer before to-morrow evening as I want to use this on a shoot.

I never used tethering before but now I do have a new iPad and I want to do a tethering on a shoot with my Nikon D810 and my iPad.

So as the 810 doesn't have WIFI I've bought a cable but now I don't know how I can get my shots into Lightroom mobile.

I've looked on the internet and find this : How to Shoot Tethered to an iPad via Lightroom Mobile - YouTube

from Terry White but he explains from Lightroom on a Mac and then send to any mobile but I don't have my Mac with me on location - therefore I do have my iPad.

So is there a way to go directly from my camera to my iPad to show the shot directly on my iPad after every shot?

I suppose this must be possible.

I'm a cloud user as well.

If you're speaking Dutch do it in Dutch then 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Indeed you cannot do this using Lightroom on the iPad. IPads are not yet good replacements for a full computer for a photography workflow: Jao's photo blog: A mobile workflow with Lightroom?

I believe there are some non-Adobe apps that can do this though through a camera connection kit. Also there are wifi sd cards that have iOS apps that you can use to wirelessly tether to an iPad. The latter like the cards from eye-if are probably your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know tethering is only possible using the regular desktop app, not the iOS version.

No doubt that is why Terry is syncing from the desktop to the mobile device.

I think the only method at present is to use the Apple camera connection kit to get images from your DSLR on to the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed you cannot do this using Lightroom on the iPad. IPads are not yet good replacements for a full computer for a photography workflow: Jao's photo blog: A mobile workflow with Lightroom?

I believe there are some non-Adobe apps that can do this though through a camera connection kit. Also there are wifi sd cards that have iOS apps that you can use to wirelessly tether to an iPad. The latter like the cards from eye-if are probably your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option is to just connect the camera with a cable, open photos app and shoot. It is a workaround. You get no features (rating, edits, copying of edits), but you get big previews. BUT it is a workaround, I wouldn't go that route. The iPad LR Tether feature is really missing and is the only reason I have to borrow macbook from time to time. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines