• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering in LR with Nikon D850

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon released the SDK for the D850 on October 24th. When will Adobe update LR Classic to support D850 tethering?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Hi All,

We have released an update for Lightroom Classic CC which is Lightroom Classic CC 7.1 and it includes tether support for the Nikon D850. Please update to the latest version from the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to face this issue.

Here's a list of new features, enhancements, support for new cameras lenses and bug fixes :-

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following that thread, but I couldn't add anything to it because it was marked Answered, hence a new thread.

Here was the response:

"Adobe has to wait until Nikon updates it tethering library to include the D850, which then will get included in a subsequent release of LR."

It seems like Nikon did that on 10.24.17: Nikon Imaging | SDKダウンロード

So the question remains, in light of Nikon's release, when should we expect a subsequent release from Adobe to update the tether support in LR?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly and precisely when Adobe is ready and able to release it. Adobe never announces that information in advance. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With LR 6 / CC 2015, Adobe released new versions every 55 days on average.  I think it's likely they'll continue that practice, since LR 7 (Classic) is really just an incremental release of 6 / 2015.  But that's just my educated guess based on Adobe's past practice.  As JimHess mentioned, Adobe (like most public companies) announces very little about future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using a free trial of Capture One Pro to tether with my D850, and if Adobe do not announce a release soon I will be ending my subscription and moving to Capture One.  It seems to tether a LOT more reliably as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The tethering experience is pretty nice in Capture One. Much more robust and has camera controls built in...something that LR will never have. I'm giving Adobe to (almost) the end of Dec and if there is no fix, i can purchase Cap One before the end of the tax year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released an update for Lightroom Classic CC which is Lightroom Classic CC 7.1 and it includes tether support for the Nikon D850. Please update to the latest version from the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to face this issue.

Here's a list of new features, enhancements, support for new cameras lenses and bug fixes :-

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I am still trying to upload my first D850 pics on LRCC 7.1.  My computer (with LRCC) does not recognize the D850.  Is there something I am missing ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Help menu item then System info and post the exact version number of your LR install.

Please do not say I have the newest or latest version. Numbers please.

We have seen this time and time again. A LR User thinks they have the newest version of LR when in fact they do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but my version in  the help and version tab indeed says: Lightroom Classic version: 7.1 [ 1148620 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then look at the destination section to make sure the folder that is selected to copy the images to has proper Read & Write permissions.

What happens if you use your File Manager program to copy the images off the camera/card into a folder on your hard drive and then try to import them?

Are you using a card reader or connecting the camera directly to the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct connection to the PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR just doesn't recognize the 850.  Perhaps it is the old tethering cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rlaforge  wrote

Direct connection to the PC

Sorry I forgot the topic of this thread, "tethering".

I'll leave this topic to users that have more experience.

Best of luck.

Merry & Happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC 7.1 does not recognize the 850 but does recognize the D810 and 500!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the cable - an old tether cable - the one that came with the 850 worked.  go figure !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a bad cable. Thanks for your help.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad you got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 now and I still cannot import photos to LR nor to LR classic from my Nikon D850. Should I stop paying? Should I give up Adobe all together? Are there any workarounds to these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First off, recommend that you don't glom onto an old thread. This thread is from 2017, and 3 LR versions ago. Suggest you start a new thread, and provide complete details on your setup (including configuring tethering in LR, LR version number, etc) along with verifying your folder setup.

For what it's worth, my D850 was recognized by Windows 10 build 18363 right away, and in setting up tethering in LR Classic 10.1 (according to https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/import-photos-tethered-camera.html) the LR control bar talks to the camera. My first time to do this, and it works a treat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines