• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering taking too long to recognize my Canon 5D Mkiii

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been tethering to an old 2008 MBPro laptop running El Capitan connected to LR 9.2 via a Lacie external drive with a ThunderBolt 2 port. I keep the LR Master Catalog on the Lacie external drive so I can bounce between computers. It takes under 5 seconds to recognize my Canon 5d mkiii when connnected to the laptop. I recently started tethering to my 2015 iMac running Mojave 10.14.6 (since Catalina 10.15.3 & LR 9.2 still doesn't recognize it) with LR 9.2 on the same Lacie external drive and it takes 1.5 minutes to finally recognize my camera! Can someone help me figure out a way to help LR or Mojave recognize the camera as quicly as the old laptop software does? Thank you!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your Canon 5D Mark iii is not getting recognized in Lightroom Classic 9.2 running on Mac OS Mojave. 

To better troubleshoot the issue, let's start with narrowing down to the root cause. I'd suggest that you take a look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash- I went throught the steps outlined in the link provided. I did need to do a firmware update to V1.3.6 but that did not change the recognition time of 1.5 minutes. I also deleted the the preferences folder as instructed. Everything on the list has been tried. Next steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines