• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text overlay issue LR6 classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a slideshow with a text overlay that displays the image title.  It all displays correctly in a PDF and Video export but when I export to JPEGs the title for all images is the same one repeated, possibly the first alphabetical title.  I also tried adding the filename as a separate text overlay and it also doesn’t reflect the correct data for the images.  Is this a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on [ABC] you ceate a text box,

ScreenShot093.jpg

In the dropdown menu you need to select specific metadata- eg. Filename

ScreenShot094.jpg

If you select "Custom Text"- the text you type into the panel WILL appear on every image in the slideshow.

ScreenShot095.jpg

You can several text boxes on the screen. Each time you click [ABC] you create a new box.

You can choose [Edit...] from the menu and create a 'Text Preset' than can contain a combination of metadata (and Custom Text)

ScreenShot096.jpg

My test of Export to PDF... did not repeat the same filename on all images, so you may need a Preferences reset if otherwise error is not solved.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply WobetC,

My test of Export to PDF and VIDEO also did not repeat the same 'filename' or 'title' on all images. The issue only happens when I export to JPEG.  Please test that on your system.  I have reset preferences yesterday to resolve another issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only happens when I export to JPEG.

Very weird!!

I tested [Export JPG....]  and my correct filenames appeared upon each image and did not repeat. But I really cannot compare with your v6!

Did your Preferences reset fix the problem? 

Problem could be specific to v6 (long past support)

I have never used Lr-v6. I went straight from v5.7 to v7-(Classic) and now at Classic-9.1)

If you are not going to a sunscription for v9.1 have you managed to update to the last v6.14? (If you can find it!)

ScreenShot097.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't want to go to a subscription!  In the help menu it just reports I have v6.  How did you even find out the latest version was 6.14? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem was that my LR version was 6.  About six months ago I upgraded my PC to a fresh install of win 10 and had to reinstall all my programs.  I didn't realise that LR wasn't being updated by CC until now.  It is very disappointing that Adobe abandons it's clients like this.  I have paid for full versions of LR twice, once for v5 then v6 and then comes CC,  I really didn't want to spend more money on subscriptions.

Anyway, I resolved the issue with a copy of the installed program I had on a laptop.  It is v 6.13 and now my slideshow exports properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines