Highlighted

Text overlays in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want the same text on all slides.  I want specific text overlays for specific slides.  I have set the text overlay to "selected photos", not "all photos in filmstrip" but that doesn't help.  I put a text overlay on one photo and it gets on all the rest.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text overlays in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want the same text on all slides.  I want specific text overlays for specific slides.  I have set the text overlay to "selected photos", not "all photos in filmstrip" but that doesn't help.  I put a text overlay on one photo and it gets on all the rest.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the Slideshow module in Lr-Classic I assume.

'Custom Text' will appear on every slide. That cannot be changed.

If you use a metadata source, like 'Caption', you will only see this metadata specific for each slide, and only if there is a Caption for each image. So a slide with no caption (empty)- nothing shows.

ScreenShot326.jpgScreenShot327.jpgScreenShot328.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 0
Rcomtois LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I finally added captions to slides that needed them in Photoshop.  Your way sounds simpler.  I'll try it next time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0