• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The File appears to be unsupported or damaged

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All images from my Sony A7II show up in lightrooms library OK, as soon as I try to go to the develop module I get "The File appears to be unsupported or damaged"

I can open the files in Bridge, ACR & Photoshop. but not lightroom.

Pictures taken on the same day with a 5DIII work OK. I have checked for updates and it tells me I have the most up to date version ! Is lightroom just for tethered capture ? because as it stands right now it is completely useless for my Sony.

I am toying with getting the latest A7R2, but if that won't work either what's the point in having lightroom. Might as well just stick with Bridge & ACR, or even Affinity Photo, that works OK with the same Sony files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Actually went on Adobe site and found a contact button, got through straight away on a chat now, and the problem is now solved. The agent went in to the activity monitor and forced all adobe applications to quit. he then deleted the 1.0 folder, then found another whatever it is called.dat file and deleted that. Then uninstalled lightroom, re installed it and we are up and running at 2015.8.

Way to go Adobe... Thanks for all who tried to help, Normski

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera support:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Which exact version of Lightroom do you have?

The A7ii requires 5.7.1 or higher.

The A7R2 needs 6.1.1 or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it says above I have the latest version, I have been on Adobe web site to check, it says there are no updates ! but just to make sure if I go " Help - System info " it tells me " Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445] "

If lightroom is out of date how come ACR works fine with ARW files ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have installed is the initial version of Lightroom CC 2015. The latest update version is LR CC 2015.8

See the link below to get help on updating Lightroom.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why does lightroom tell me I am up to date ? even the desk top manager said I was up to date, maybe the downloader is faulty... odd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only started my CC membership last couple of weeks, I downloaded and installed from adobe web sit, ran the installer and it checked for updates then. I also have the desk top app that tells me I am up to date ! So where has this come fro ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 00.17.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I have downloaded and installed the latest update as advised above and this is the result ! guess that aint the problem then !

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 00.22.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normski4ash  wrote

so I have downloaded and installed the latest update as advised above and this is the result ! guess that aint the problem then !

So now confirm that the install went properly and that you are using either Lightroom 6.8 or Lightroom CC 2015.8. Please go to Help->System Info and tell us the version NUMBER that is shown there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info says " Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445] " same as it did before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found a version in there too " Version: 10.11 [6] " but I .suspect that is Mac osX

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.11 [6]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.2 GHz

Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 595.6 MB (1.8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1,040.5 MB

Memory cache size: 280.3 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

Displays: 1) 2560x1440

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is version 2015.0.

You need to update to at least 2015.2.

Current is 2015.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Manic Joe is correct, try the following.

Sign out from your Adobe 

No need to remove the version you now have installed. Just run the LR CC 2015.8 update installer, this will update the original application.

Shut down your computer power off.

Restart the computer and Log in to your Adobe CC account through the Adobe CC Application Manager. (I also think you may have to update the Adobe CC Application Manager)

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I signed out of my adobe account. went round and round in circles trying to find the 2015.8 update ! Ran the update once it had downloaded, rebooted the mac signed in to my account through the application manager, gone to the apps tab, check for updates, it tells me as above everything is up to date.

Open lightroom and I am still in CC2015 with no .number behind it and it still won't open arw files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the update to CC 2015.8 from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

On that page, Adobe has chosen it's word poorly, you click on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 and then Lightroom 6.8/2015.8 to download it. Then you install it. You do not uninstall your earlier version of Lightroom before you do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should of been a 10 minute exercise it has now taken 18 hours ! I have now uninstalled lightroom, re installed it from the desk top app, Found the same update as before, 2015.8,downloaded it, double click and it tells me update failed, contact administrator, so I had a word with myself, being the administrator, sole user, head honcho, but no ! it just won't play ball with me !

I am trying to figure this out on my macbook, going to have to do it all again on my imac if I ever get this figured out !

It really is the most pathetic update system ever invented !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my earlier post.

Quote.

"No need to remove the version you now have installed. Just run the LR CC 2015.8 update installer, this will update the original application."

I have used Lightroom since the Bata in advance of the official release in 2006 and have never removed an earlier version of Lightroom before updating or upgrading to a new version. For version 1 through 5 all the updates/upgrades the install package was the full application.

Beginning Lightroom CC 2015 (as far as I am aware ) the updates are a patch of the original release LR CC 2015. and that is why I posted the quote

Anyone else have an opinion on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It comes up with the patch installer, but when I click it and tell it to uninstall it fails with the message " Update failed"

updates could not be applied.

please contact your administrator if you wish to apply updates on your machine. Updates have been suppressed by the administrator>

If the problem persists, contact customer support for further assistance.

Googled this and found :-

Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps

But that didn't work either !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So over night I have formatted my imac, and re installed el capitan, downloaded and re installed PS, LR & Br, signed in signed out shook it all about... & I am still only showing 2015 in LR.

PS shows Version 2017.0.1, lightroom shows 2015.

Downloaded the patch installer and it shows the same thing, Update failed, contact Admin !

Have been into the firewall & made exceptions to let PS< LR & BR through, still the same !

WHAT is going on here ? PS & BR seem to be up to date but not LR !

Confused !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there, done that yesterday, I have also tried downloading all the updates for LR6, ALL of them tell me the same thing " Update Failed "

Thnx for the reply but that hasn't solved the problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually went on Adobe site and found a contact button, got through straight away on a chat now, and the problem is now solved. The agent went in to the activity monitor and forced all adobe applications to quit. he then deleted the 1.0 folder, then found another whatever it is called.dat file and deleted that. Then uninstalled lightroom, re installed it and we are up and running at 2015.8.

Way to go Adobe... Thanks for all who tried to help, Normski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now loaded onto another mac, downloaded and ran the adobe cleaner tool, told it to remove all preferences & any trace of ! then downloaded and installed CC, checked for updates, which all downloaded and installed.

So maybe there was a trace of something adobe already in there that was causing the problem... Hope this helps anyone else having a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Sometimes the file become damaged long after it was downloaded. It is a problem in the LR but the support ignores it! they blame the memory card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a hard disk or memory issue. Restore the file from your backups. Run diagnostics on your hard disk and memory.

Lightroom never writes to the image portion of your original files, so it cannot cause this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines