Highlighted

The file could not be found - Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the photos on my lightroom are saying "the file could not be found" but my external hard drive is plugged and connected to my computer which means the files should pull up in lightroom so that I can edit them. Normally when it says "the file could not be found" it will have a littel exclamation mark on the top right of the photo but it does not have this. I'm not sure what the issue is or how to fix it.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The file could not be found - Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the photos on my lightroom are saying "the file could not be found" but my external hard drive is plugged and connected to my computer which means the files should pull up in lightroom so that I can edit them. Normally when it says "the file could not be found" it will have a littel exclamation mark on the top right of the photo but it does not have this. I'm not sure what the issue is or how to fix it.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carley,

This error occurs if the original location of the images is changed outside of Lightroom. You can re-link the images to their original counterparts and that should resolve this issue, Please check the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/locate-missing-photos.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your external drive have the same Exact Drive Letter it had before? That is If you are using Windows (you didn't bother to include that info)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0