• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The image appears to be damaged

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have this problem sometimes with my nikon z6, what I do it's convert raw files with adobe dng converter and then add them to the lightroom catalogue.
Basically the images that show this sentence can be normally edited, there are novisible errors  (as bands or something like that).
The lightroom version is the 9.4 with a mac running high sierra 10.13.6

Thank you for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about Diego but can you give a little more detail on this part of your post:

"Basically the images that show this sentence can be normally edited, there are no visible errors  (as bands or something like that)."

Can you provide a screen shot to illustrate this and / or clarify this as best you can for the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermata 2020-09-29 alle 04.26.59.png

Hi Tony, thank you for answering,

This is what I see not in lybrary module but only in develop module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop accesses the file directly. I was wondering if it was related to the adapted lens issue others are seeing. What happens when you import the file directly. You know you can convert to DNG during import as well?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean, 

I hadn't tried it because I always use adobe dng converter and not lightroom to do the various master copies and backups of the files, but if I import directly from lightroom there seems to be no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you're up to date with the DNG Convertor? I'd also run a check on the drive the DNG's are stored on to make sure there are no issues with bad sectors etc. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 of 2

Not sure why Not sure why you choose to use Adobe DNG Converter, when the exact same code as the Copy of Adobe Camera RAW inside LrC.

Adobe DNG Converter is a tool that use the code in Adobe Camera RAW to create DNG file from RAW files not supported in LrC. 

This would make sense if you refused to move on to the subscription model, and were stuck with Lightroom 6.14, not IMO if you are using LrC 9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 of 2

... That being said, you may get the same results using LrC directly. But give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1601429495856.jpeg

davidg36166309_1-1601429495858.png

davidg36166309_2-1601429561380.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you purge the Camera RAW CACHE? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines