• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The photo looks different in Library and in Develop

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, only some Photos, where is big contrast I see different in Develop modul after editin. When I edit Photo and than I go to the view mod, i see some changes in Photos. You can see it here:

1) Dropbox - Screenshot 2019-03-27 22.08.25.png (this is what I see in develop)

2) Dropbox - Screenshot 2019-03-27 22.08.15.png (but this is what I see in Library and in export)

Can you help me pleas?

System info:

Lightroom Classic version: 8.2 [ 1204643 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.14.3 [18D109]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3,1 GHz

Built-in memory: 16 384,0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16 384,0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1 216,0 MB (7,4%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5 376,1 MB

Memory cache size: 77,2MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.2 [ 134 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 561MB / 8191MB (6%)

Camera Raw real memory: 571MB / 16384MB (3%)

Graphics Processor Info:

Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 560

Message was edited by: Tomáš Malý

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

So I see the same issue as you do, there's something wrong with the DNG. Did you convert from a proprietary raw and might you have that original?

When I toggle between Library and Develop, I see it update. I've tried reconverting the DNG (no good) and I opened it in ACR and see the same initial rendering as shown in Library (Darker). Save Metadata and Preview command in LR doesn't do anything either.

So it sounds like this isn't happening with all files, just a few of these DNGs? We need to know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tmaly.cz,

Sorry that you're the image in the Develop and the Library module is not matching in Lightroom Classic CC.

Before we start troubleshooting it, I'd recommend that you please take a look at this discussion Develop module & library module aren't matching and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It dos not help. thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must compare at 1:1 view, which maps exactly one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel.

Screen resampling algorithms are different between the two modules. Image noise and so on can respond differently to resampling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resampling cannot explain these differences. My first choice would be to check the monitor profile. Is your monitor calibrated? Lightroom uses different color spaces for the develop module and the library module, so a corrupt profile may be the cause of these differences. Choose another profile (it doesn't really matter which one, it's just for testing) and see if that changes things.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I didn't look at the examples, for the simple reason that I never click on unknown links. But now I had to.

Yes, that's a broken monitor profile, absolutely. Or a more remote possibility - a buggy video driver. Either way, something is breaking the color management chain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It is macbook pro, but I tried two another moniotors (external) and it si the same problem. I tried change color profil in system, but nothing help to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, when I use 1:1 in Develop I see it defferent as in normal view. How can I fix it pleas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

You must compare at 1:1 view, which maps exactly one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel.

Screen resampling algorithms are different between the two modules. Image noise and so on can respond differently to resampling.

Resampling, and color space, and file type.

So yeah, it's not unexpected to see differences.

The other possible factors:

1. Check GPU settings (on or off) and try a different setting. This is found in preferences.

2. It could be a faulty ICC display profile. Recalibrate and build a new one.

3. It could be how the profile was built. Set your software to build Version 2 (V2) not V4 profiles.

4. It could be the type of profile built. Try Matrix instead of LUT based profile. Again, that's a setting in whatever software you use to calibrate and profile the display.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the first two options.

I didn't do anything with color profiles, I just tried different. I have macbook Pro

Nothink help to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

I tried the first two options.

I didn't do anything with color profiles, I just tried different. I have macbook Pro

Nothink help to me.

Try #4 especially with that MacBook.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to do this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmaly.cz  wrote

I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to do this ...

What software are you using for display calibration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont calibrate display. Dont need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmaly.cz  wrote

I dont calibrate display. Dont need it.

Yeah, you do, that's the first problem.

And there IS a display profile somewhere. You simply can't run LR without one; it's ICC (color managed) aware.

So when some of us told you to delete the display profile and create a new one, and you said you did but nothing changed, what did you actually do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for me english.

I tried change system color profile.

I tried create new one color profile in system. But nothing help to me.

Screenshot 2019-03-29 06.55.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So where did that profile you selected above come from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is system profile. I sent this dng file to two of my friends and they have the same mistake. This is probably not profile mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmaly.cz  wrote

I sent this dng file to two of my friends and they have the same mistake. This is probably not profile mistake.

Can you provide that DNG, via dropbox?

And again, only this one file or every file in the Library suffer this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is DNG file: Dropbox - A__05471.DNG

in this series of photos, I noticed it in three photos, where there was a great postproces in the shadows, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I see the same issue as you do, there's something wrong with the DNG. Did you convert from a proprietary raw and might you have that original?

When I toggle between Library and Develop, I see it update. I've tried reconverting the DNG (no good) and I opened it in ACR and see the same initial rendering as shown in Library (Darker). Save Metadata and Preview command in LR doesn't do anything either.

So it sounds like this isn't happening with all files, just a few of these DNGs? We need to know more about how they were created.

Next, I suspect it's some metadata edit issue. IF I go into LR and in Develop select Rest Settings, your edits disappear and when I move from Library to Develop and back again, the image does NOT change.

Try this: Go into Develop. Double click to zero out Highlights slider ALONE. Toggle back to Library. The differences now are very small as expected. So it's one (Highlight?) adjustment or more that's causing this. Why I'm not sure. But you've really done a huge amount of edits on the image in Develop and for some reason, toggling back to Library isn't updating all of them or maybe just one (Highlights?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same thing.

When opened in Raw digger, there is an ExifTool warning, I have no idea what it means.

Also, the image opens rotated 90 degrees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same feelings as you write. it appears with some specific adjustments. Same result is even with raw. Here is the link to raw: Dropbox - A__05471_02.ARW

when I copy the settings from the previous one is the result same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well keep an eye on this and on other images. It's not supposed to do this but I have no idea why the Library preview updates incorrectly from Develop but it's something in the XMP metadata of that image, not a profile or a LR specific (catalog) issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth LR 5.71 does not exhibit this issue. Using LR 8.2 I set Process Version to 3, Adobe Standard profile, and Dehaze at 0 to simulate the same settings as 5.71 and the issue persists in LR 8.2. If LR 8.2 Highlights and Shadows are both set to 0 the "flashing does not appear with all other settings still applied.

Checking the DNG in RawDigger the majority of the image data is -2 EV below the maximum level (15860) with a high percentage of underexposed pixels. Granted the flashing still shouldn't be happening, but it's good information for a problem report!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines