Highlighted

the program goes into " LR does not respond " mode if I create a mask with the adjustment brush

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning I'm making some masks to create a desaturated zone and to be more precise zoom at 1:1 or even 2:1 . but the computer is not behind me and freezes and often crashes. I enclose work screen and preferences screen

I have a new Mac Pro

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 - RAM 32 Gb - AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

lightroom classic  release  9.2.1 camera raw 12.2.1

Grazie 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

the program goes into " LR does not respond " mode if I create a mask with the adjustment brush

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning I'm making some masks to create a desaturated zone and to be more precise zoom at 1:1 or even 2:1 . but the computer is not behind me and freezes and often crashes. I enclose work screen and preferences screen

I have a new Mac Pro

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 - RAM 32 Gb - AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

lightroom classic  release  9.2.1 camera raw 12.2.1

Grazie 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, nothing happens with either the first option or the second... with the first... seemed better... seemed.

help!!!

Grazie

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Common problem when you do a lot of brushing on an image; made worse by

• 4K or larger monitor
  • turning on masking
  • large megapixel originals
  • slow CPU

If you can do this type of brushing in Photoshop, then you should do it there, you won't have these problems. If you have a 4K or larger monitor, you can try as an experiment replacing it with a 1920x1080 monitor. IMHO, Lightroom Classic is not an effective tool if you need to do a lot of brushing and you have a 4K or larger monitor and any of the other things that make it worse.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a dual screen and work as main on the nec pa271 with 2560 x 1440 resolution. I try to use the second one to do this. I know very well that it would be better to do it on ps but having to process a file for a vr360 I should import it at least 2 times on ps and so I thought to reduce the time. I will definitely try it and then I will update you. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I did the test putting it on the main screen at 1080p, the minimum it had and so it's a lightning bolt.... in fact with such a machine it was absolutely not possible.... I would propose to BOSS to implement in the next release that the adjustment brush works well even keeping the monitor at higher resolutions. thank you very much you were really helpful. TOP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Mirk_ONE LATEST
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

I solved the problem

yesssssssss

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0