• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The "verifying Lightroom Classic" message bar won't close even though I've solved the problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I didn't realize that the hard drive where all my photos are stored was disconnected from my Mac and when I opened LRC I got the Verifying Lightroom Classic bar.  I immediately realized the issue and fixed the problem but I can't figure out how to close that little bar.  I can open, close and work in LRC but the little bar just sits there in my dock.  How do I close it?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen-shot please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

 I have the same issue. 

Image 4-25-23 at 1.22 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The verifying dialog happens on Mac OS X catalina everytime a program has been updated. It checks whether the software is legitimate and hasn't been hacked - i.e. it is a safety measure. It has nothing to do with an external disk being connected or not. Classic doesn't really care about that anyway for its startup. As long as the catalog file is available it will start normally. if you have a verifying dialog that sticks around, reboot your Mac and it will be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines