Highlighted

Thinking of Upgrading LR

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not updated LR since stand alone version 6.x.

I have not kept up with the names and various versions. What is LR Classic vs LR Cloud? 

Is the current version of Cloud 3.x?

Can I still run any model/version of LR reasonably well on a late 2014 model iMac 27" w/32 GB ram OS 10.13.6 and this vid card: AMD Radeon R9 M295X w/VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 4096 MB?

Thanks

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Thinking of Upgrading LR

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not updated LR since stand alone version 6.x.

I have not kept up with the names and various versions. What is LR Classic vs LR Cloud? 

Is the current version of Cloud 3.x?

Can I still run any model/version of LR reasonably well on a late 2014 model iMac 27" w/32 GB ram OS 10.13.6 and this vid card: AMD Radeon R9 M295X w/VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 4096 MB?

Thanks

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is the successor to Lightroom 6 ... essentially Lightroom 6 with more features.

Lightroom is the new software where all of your photos are stored in the cloud, and can be accessed by other computers or mobile devices. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 1
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you look at the plans.

Lightroom Plan is just Lightroom, not classic, just that cloud centric POS ((IMO)

The Photography plan, probably the 20 GB option, includes Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and others

Blame is entirely on Adobe marketing for the product name FUBAR.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 2