• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'This Photo Has Already Been Imported' on new photos since upgrading to Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried searching the forums for a fix, and I still can't seem to find a solution.

I upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC a couple weeks ago, and every time I've tried to import photos from my SD card, a few (not all) images are greyed out, with a tooltip box stating that the photo has already been imported. This clearly is not the case as the images are new. The issue still persists when I untick 'Don't Import Suspected Duplicates'. I've ejected the SD card, re-inserted it and tried again, with no success.

My current workaround is importing the images to my hard drive and then importing them into Lightroom, which isn't ideal.

Any suggestions on how I could fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever get a solution for this? i am having this problem recently and it is so frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you "upgraded to Lightroom CC", does this mean you are using Lightroom Classic in your workflow?

(Respectfully, theres sometimes confusion in clearly stating software names in this forum).

From what you are writing, it looks like you are talking about seeing thumbnail images in Lightroom Classic which indicate missing image files.

Re-importing them is not a solution, but could you clarify your LR and OS brief specs for us please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please describe the exact nature of the problem, and include details of the version of Lightroom and the OS you are using. The original question is 2.5 years old, so it's unlikely to be the same issue.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines