• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Three vhdx files have appeared in my network drive recently.

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

I am a home user with a WDMyCLoudMirror network drive to allow backup and access to photos when abroad. 

Searching for large files to clear space on various drives, I found 3 vhdx files that had recently been created or midified, but not by me.  Two were created at about the same time on 14th June and are about 80MB.  The other was created (modified), with exactly the same name as one of the others on 20th June and it has 220GB!  I did not knowingly create either of these.

I have been moving and deleting many files in bulk over the last few weeks.  Recently, there have been a couple of stalls during the operation resulting in Lr showing transfers about a third complete and staying there forever. 

Any idea what might have caused these vhdx files?  Is this something Lr would do?

Can I safely delete these anyway - or might they contain one hell of a lot of photos?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And internet search for vhdx indicates its not a Lightroom Classic issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines