• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TIFF SAVE dialogue box not showing from Edit In->"Pano in OS" from LR

Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 11 shot panaorama that LR can't handle. When I select the images in LR, the right click to invole "Edit In->Merge to Panorama in Photoshop" I get the pano created in PS. When I select SAVE, I get the error TIF file exceeds the maximum size of 4GB for TIFF files. When I perform a SAVE AS and select TIFF and uncheck save layers, it works. I'm then forced to import the TIF file in LR and manually add it to the stack of pictures.

I went into PS preferences and made sure that File Handling option for "Ask before saving layered TIF files" was set. I then attempted a 3 shot panorama. When I SAVE'd in PS, no dialogue box appeared but the TIF file was saved and imported into LR. 

When I exam the TIF file, the Photoshop metdata shows a layer count of 3. When I reopen the TIF file in PS, the 3 layers are recreated.

The behavior seems to be when LR calls PS, it sets something to disable the TIF SAVE dialogue box from being displayed.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Thanks for the link GoldingD. It is a problem and a request for enhancement so that the dialog box appears in PS for the SAVE is being submitted. In the meantime, the work around is to to manually SAVE AS and deselect LAYERS. They you will need to reimport and restack the TIF in LR. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select SAVE, I get the error TIF file exceeds the maximum size of 4GB for TIFF files. When I perform a SAVE AS and select TIFF and uncheck save layers, it works.

So that bit would be a PS limit issue, difference being you are dropping the layers so a smaller file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behavior seems to be when LR calls PS, it sets something to disable the TIF SAVE dialogue box from being displayed.

Hmm, you may want to inquire over at the official feedback site where Adobe Techs respond

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link GoldingD. It is a problem and a request for enhancement so that the dialog box appears in PS for the SAVE is being submitted. In the meantime, the work around is to to manually SAVE AS and deselect LAYERS. They you will need to reimport and restack the TIF in LR. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a 4GB size limit in the TIFF specification. Unchecking layers obviously brought it under the 4GB mark. If it ends up over, the save will abort and you have to resave as PSB.

As for the missing dialog, that may be a bug. Personally I've never been able to understand why there should ever be a reason to ask before saving layered TIFFs, any more than asking before saving layered PSDs. Just save the thing and be done with it, I know there's layers. I always turn that option off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines