• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timelapse with Lightroom CC 8.2

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom to assemble timelapse for the past 5 years and recently switched from Canon to Fuji. With Fuji, Lightroom has made a complete hash of the timelapse by creating a noisy low resolution loop. I am aware of the Lightroom issue in having to rebuild previews and problems Adobe has in dealing with fuji RAF files. My photos were taken during the golden hour so I had lots of light so I was not getting the wormy artifacts.

I even went so far as exporting the photos to JPG, loaded these as a new loop in Lightroom and still have terrible results. Any suggestions in what else I can try? I included a screenshot of what one of the frames looks like. Original image has a lot more detail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't want to use Lightroom for timelapses. The video export is terrible and indeed leads to terrible softening of the image. If you have Lightroom, you also have Photoshop which is much better at producing time-lapse videos. Simply export the images you have to jpegs at the right size (or something like 2x the size if you do pans and zooms in Photoshop during the time-lapse) and with a name such as time-lapse-001.jpg with the number being their sequence. Then in Photoshop, add them to a timeline. There are many instruction videos online on how to do this such as this one: Creating a time-lapse video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop is not a good answer. Lightroom needs this feature because Photoshop can not open RAW images. This means that you need to export to a non-raw image format in order for Photoshop to create a time lapse. If you then need to go into something else, you are screwed because you now have to lower your quality due to multiple transcode iterations.

A proper pipeline is one that keeps RAW source material throughout the entire process. Adobe is supposed to be software that produces high-quality video and audio. It's currently impossible to do this with their software suite. What an oversight and a poorly defined product ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines