• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tinted black and white photos?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem when working on some B&W photos. Some look green, some look magenta. How come? Is this normal? Are you seeing the same as me? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Normally you should done the conversion to black and white first.

After that you can do all other adjustments.

In your case it's possible that the color correction you have done are responsible for the color cast.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
If you can please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box.
If you can't edit your post please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to edit it for some reason, so I posted it as a reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

black and white.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you converting these color images to B&W?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit the photos first, into the finished photo I will deliver, with all the color editing etc. 
Then, I simply click the black and white button. And do make some adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you should done the conversion to black and white first.

After that you can do all other adjustments.

In your case it's possible that the color correction you have done are responsible for the color cast.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So do you suggest that I create a virtual copy, reset the settings and then make it black and white by clikcing B&W? 
Btw, I'm new to photo editing and lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines