Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Titles and Captions not getting Exported

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom CC Version 9.3 on Windows 10

I always add a Title and Caption and do an export to a JPG. I have never had issues with the title and caption getting exported until the newest versions. I tried the Metadata>Save Metadata to File and that worked once, but I tried it again today and no title or caption. 

Also, when the metadata option worked, it stripped out my paragraph breaks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the export dialog box, make sure the Metadata panel is set up correctly to Include "All Metadata".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have All Metadata checked. I haven't had a problem with this until the last two updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you determine that the exported photo does not have this information? Please describe the exact steps and software used when you do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload the image to my Flickr Page or to SmugMug. The Caption field used to display on Flickr and in SmugMug all of the time. I am not the only one having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for  one of the  offending  photos,   one  you are/have editied,  post  a screen  shot,  library module,, showing the metadata panels on the right, looking for error/note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I upload the image to my Flickr Page or to SmugMug. The Caption field used to display on Flickr and in SmugMug all of the time. I am not the only one having this problem."

I just did a quick test, and I successfully published a photo to Flickr containing a caption. To troubleshoot your issue, we'll need more information:

1. Please copy here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info.  (If it shows you're not running LR 10.0, the latest version, update by doing Help > Updates.)

2. Are you exporting to disk and then uploading to Flickr, or are you publishing to Flickr from within LR using the Flickr publishing service?

3. If you exporting to disk first, what is the setting in the Export window for Metadata Include?

4. If you're using the Flickr publishing service, in the Publish Services panel on the left, right-click Flickr and do Edit Settings. What is the setting in the Export window for Metadata Include?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines