• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Today Lightroom classic began crashing whenever I try to start it.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is before loading any screens are loaded and no actual error pointing to an issue I can identify is shown just the crash screen and an option to send data back to Adobe. It works fine on my laptop but not on my desktop. The only change I've made is to add a 6TB external drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Version 9.3 worked fine a few days ago. Today only crash report options are shown when starting Lightroom Classic. Only change was a regular Windows update to Insider Release 20150. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn´t help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Only change was a regular Windows update to Insider Release 20150. 

I think this could be the reason for your issues with Lightroom. Windows Insider version are test versions for Windows and not officially released. Changes in this releases are not communicated to the third party firms like Adobe.

I personally would never install an Insider Preview version on a production system.

On point you can try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

  

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

I would recommend to deinstall the Insider Release and go back to the official released version of Windows.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2 different systems so can't be definite but on my 'test' system I also updated to that insider release version and it crashes without getting to any screens.

On my Laptop which isn't on any preview builds Lightroom Classic is running fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is definitely happening and it is unclear which caused the problem as new LR and Insider builds came out the same day. Neither Microsoft nor Adobe will take responsibility for this because Windows Insider builds are beta and unsupported. It's particularly difficult because you cannot revert from Insider to a released build of Windows until the next one comes out, without resetting your PC. When you "stop insider" you just do that effective with the next released build. You can "pause" insider for 7 days, which you should do after reverting to a build that supports LR (and you can only go back one build), and maybe continue the one-week pauses until this gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines