Exit

Tone Curve Points Not Responding

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Latest Release

Mac OSX 10.12.2

For some time now, I have been having issues with the Tone Curve points not responding with the mouse or the Wacom pen.

If I click on either the bottom left or top right point and try to move it with either the mouse or the Wacom pen it doesnt always respond. The mouse has to travel along way before anything happens.

The curves in both Photoshop and ACR seem to work fine

Anyone else have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been waiting on a fix for what feels like an eternity. I tried rolling back drivers and spent time with Wacom support, and the best they were able to tell me is that they'd add it to the list of fixes for the next driver release. Just upgraded to the latest driver release today and it still isn't fixed. I'm also stuck on Photoshop CC 2015 because my express keys stopped working when I upgraded to CC 2017, even after remapping them. Wacom support hasn't been helpful for me, and I wouldn't expect a solution to this issue any time soon. In the meantime I suppose we'll have to live with the jumpy tone curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems, Ian, and this is now mid-March.  So frustrating !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supposedly this is fixed in the 2015.9/6.9 release (New features summary for the 2015 releases of Lightroom CC), so I recommend checking that out. It is a lot less erratic for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The part I read as relevant says "LR Curve adjustment difficult on MacOS Sierra " .  Maybe that there is something else I have not found.  My problem is that the tone curve can only be adjusted by the sliders, not by moving the curve itself.  I do not have a MacOS Sierra, anyway.  One person mentioned that holding down the Alt key when trying to adjust the curve would help, but I have tried that and it has not worked.  Thanks anyway Jao for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the LITTLE box in the bottom right-hand corner of the Tone Curve panel to get rid of the sliders and use curve points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marvelous - many thanks, Bob !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines