• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch workspace don't work on LR 7.3

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgrade to LR classic cc on the Touch Workspace don't work anymore. click on the icone and nothing start.

i'am using MS surface pro 4

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

I posted this issue over in the Community Forum to bring it to the attention of more people. Feel free to chime in there, and keep an eye on progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I am seeing the same (lack of) behavior on my Wacom MobileStudio Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christianm44722388 and rob-sylvan,

Sorry that the touch workspace is not working for you after the 7.3 update of Lightroom Classic CC.

Could you please take a look at the solutions documented here: Troubleshoot issues when using a Wacom tablet (related to Illustrator but applies here as well) and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm ... well, my drivers are kept up to date, but everything else is otherwise working fine, so I'm hesitant to mess up something else for the remote possibility it could solve a problem with a feature I never use. I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that step. I do know it was working in 7.2 because I accidentally turned it on once last month, and it worked. The thought of reconfiguring all my Wacom settings gives me the vapors.

I do appreciate your advice, and I regret being unable to help with that step.

I can tell you what it does consistently:

- starting in Grid view with a few thumbnails showing in a folder, and one photo selected

- tap the Touch icon

- the view switches to Develop, and all thumbnails vanish

- pressing the G key switches back to Grid view, and thumbnails appear in the main area, but Filmstrip is empty

- changing sources via the Folders panel never populates the Filmstrip, though the main area loads with thumbnails

- restarting Lr is the only way to get it back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but i'am not using Wacom Tablet.

In fact i'am on a MS surface pro 4 and it did have a 13" 2k Touch Screen. Its almost impossible to work with the standard tools thats why i'am using only the "Touch Workspace".

But now with this 7.3 update it does not work. thats all as describe by rob-sylvan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this issue over in the Community Forum to bring it to the attention of more people. Feel free to chime in there, and keep an eye on progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, Thanks for posting.

Just waiting for another update to correct this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another broken feature in a professional graded product. Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this on our Feedback community rob-sylvan, I am getting this checked.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Touch Workspace" still does not work properly, even after 7.4 update!

What a shame for a having a huge increase on profit of Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Surface Book 2 and the Touch Workspace for Lightroom 7.4 is still not working.

Please fix this soon Adobe.

PS

A left handed option for Lightroom on PC and Android would also be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 7.5.

This update includes the fix for Lightroom Classic 7.3: Touch Workspace appears broke (thumbnails missing) | Photoshop Family Custome...issue.

Here's the list of what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines