Highlighted

Transfer directly from LRC to lightroom web page

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to post directly from my LR Classic to the lightroom web pages? You can post to other sites, so I feel it should be easy to do this but haven't discovered how yet.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transfer directly from LRC to lightroom web page

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to post directly from my LR Classic to the lightroom web pages? You can post to other sites, so I feel it should be easy to do this but haven't discovered how yet.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by "the lightroom web pages"?

You can "sync" photos to Adobe's cloud, and then from https://lightroom.adobe.com/libraries you can "share" the collections, which gives you a url which you can use to show photos to people.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm already syncing to Adobe's cloud, but I have to go there (the url) and then create the Albums. I've been doing this, but is there any way to go directly from LR to the albums? I see on the left down below on my LR there are ways to Publish Services. Could I create and or find those web albums there? 

I could be missing something, I'm old and only have some notions of how this works (I've been using LR since Beta though, long time). If you could point me to helpful videos that would be great. Thanks again for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From that URL above "Lightroom Web",  you can "enable sharing" from this little icon and that gives you the URL which you can give to other people.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 18.57.56.png

In LR Classic, you can right click a synced collection and "make public". That is the same as enabling sharing, and produces a URL which you can get by right clicking. But if I remember correctly, the URL is initially quite private - invitation only - and you have to go to Lr Web and its sharing settings which you can change to Anyone can view.

Publish Services is really something else.

I'm not sure if Julieanne Kost has done any videos, but this area is difficult to pin down - it's relatively new and Adobe keep changing details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sync a Collection from Classic it becomes part of your Lightroom ecosystem (or Lightroom cloud). The collection shows up in the Lightroom mobile apps as an Album. The synced collection also shows up at lightroom.adobe.com, which is called Lightroom on the web. This is your private web page view of your Lightroom cloud. When you sync a Classic collection it because part of your private view. When you make the collection public, it generates a url that can be shared with others.

You can also use Lightroom's (cloud version) Share & Invite to generate the url. This is exactly the same as Classic's "make public", but Share & Invite gives you more options for settings. At Lightroom on the Web, you can customize the appearance of the shared album with section breaks, header banner and text. There is really a lot there, but it's all pretty hidden. In my opinion, if you know how to make this work, there isn't a need to use Publish services anymore.

I just recorded a course on this topic for LinkedIn Learning, but unfortunately it's not yet published.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow most of what you said except for the first part! How do I "sync" a collection? I don't see that in the collection right click submenus.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a 2-step process. First you have to turn on the sync and that is found under the name plate. Then you can sync the collection. Here's a link to the help page.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been very helpful, many thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 1