Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer files to new Mac and upgrade from LR 5

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have LR 5 in a Mac desktop with TimeMachine backup. I have purchased a MacBook Air with an external drive and I would like to transfer all my image files to the laptop and its hard drive and upgrade to a new version of LR. Does anyone know of a step-by-step document or tutorial on how to do that without losing metadata or getting those odd messages of "file not found"?

Thank you!

Raul

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

The 'latest' version of LR5 (Perpetual) is Lightroom-Classic v10.1.1

You need a subscription to the Photography Plan (20Gb) that includes Lr-Classic.

Then read and follow all the advice in these links- (and note the free eBook link at this site)

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addendum to my post, I'd like to know how to locate the LR backup file, as well as the backup files and the images and move them to my laptop and its external hard drive. Thank you all for the collective wisdom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 'latest' version of LR5 (Perpetual) is Lightroom-Classic v10.1.1

You need a subscription to the Photography Plan (20Gb) that includes Lr-Classic.

Then read and follow all the advice in these links- (and note the free eBook link at this site)

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines