Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer of licence to new PC

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I didn't know correctly how to transfer my Adobe Lightroom 6 licence to a new PC so I've installed it on two PCs in the past 3 years and didn't deactivate it before uninstalling (which I did each time - none of these installations is existing anymore). Only one of these PC is existing right now (a laptop which I use from time to time), the other one was disassembled some time ago.

Then I tried to install it the third time to my most current PC, but when opening it the first time, I got the message that revealed I should have deactivated the licences before uninstalling them from the respective PCs.

So my question is - how am I able to activate it on my current PC? Can the older activations get deactivated by Adobe Support? I can proof ownership with invoice and physical media.

Kind regards,

ssdnvv

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Get in contact with Adobe, probably start that via Chat, all Adobe products and web pages have the Chat button, sometimes  via contact us.

Another member had your problem yesterday, went thru failed possible solution like the one(s)  mentioned above, heck I advised same. All that did not work.

Member contacted Adobe, and they helped, despite old old very old non supported software.

Mind you, I also recommend he play the Lotto after such success.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Adobe account page https://account.adobe.com/
Click on View Plan Details

Scroll all the way down to the bottom, where you can deactivate license on your old computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

There is no "view plan details" link to click on:

ssdnvv_0-1586187379002.png

And the activations are neither shown in the "view plan" for cc nor dc free memberships.

The only place I can find a reference is in "my products"-section, where the registration is shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Profile, click on Active Sessions, then you can end sessions as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but how should it help me with my activation problem if I end browser-sessions to my adobe account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on 'active sessions', it shows you a list of active LIGHTROOM sessions. Then you can deactivate Lightroom sessions, and then you can activate the Lightroom 6 on your new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get in contact with Adobe, probably start that via Chat, all Adobe products and web pages have the Chat button, sometimes  via contact us.

Another member had your problem yesterday, went thru failed possible solution like the one(s)  mentioned above, heck I advised same. All that did not work.

Member contacted Adobe, and they helped, despite old old very old non supported software.

Mind you, I also recommend he play the Lotto after such success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks alot, they helped me. Within 2 minutes the activations were reset 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines