Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transferred catalog not working

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've just switched to a new laptop, and fear that I've made a big mistake but I'm not sure if it's fixable. Since I just bought a new laptop I transferred all my pictures in their normal folder order to an external harddrive, and put the folders I was working on on the new laptop. I than accidentally cut and pasted my catalog to the harddrive, and put it back on the old pc as soon as I noticed. Now however on both my old and new pc everything has been reset; My selections, edits, etc. I've already followed the tips in a few threads in here, but nothing worked so far. It's not giving any error or "missing -insert any option I've seen so far" warnings. It just looks like plain old lightroom, without my selections and edits.

I hope someone can help me understand what exactly I did wrong so I can find the right fix and not lose countless hours of work.

Thank you all in advance!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a much more detailed description of the problem. Screen shots may be helpful.

Which exact version of Lightroom?

In case you missed some steps:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding!

I followed a guide with the same steps as the one you just recommeneded. Both laptops use lightroom clasis v9.2.

What information and screenshots exactly would you be helpful? For starters I've made on e of the way the library looks like (which seems just normal to me but I'm not expert at all). Please ignore any selections and adjustments you can see, those were not transferred by the catalog, I just started working on the pictures again to make up for lost time.

Again thanks for helping!Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, your screenshot in Library Module. Are you basing a lack of edits/adjustments based on appearance in just the Library ?

How does the Develop module look? To absolutely state your adjustments went missing requires looking in the Develop Module. Look at History, etc.

Your Library Module appearance uses Library preview files that may be giving youissues. Develop module does not usethose preview files.

If the Develop Module images look AOk, then you will want to close Lightroom, delete the Library Preview files, restart Lightroom  (and twiddle your fingers while the previews ger recreated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you for your response 🙂

No in development mode they are also untouched, no visible edits and a clean history (checked all pictures knew were edited before).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While looking at your screen-clip I note:

You only have 75 photos in the Catalog. Is that correct? Is that ALL your photos?

Also you are looking at the "Previous Import" list in the Catalog panel (Not Folders).

This might indicate to me that you have started a new catalog and done a new import.

Now, if you copied this 'new' catalog back to the old computer you may have over-written your previous working catalog with this 'empty' one.

You may need to recover your 'old' catalog from your catalog backups.

And NO importing of files is needed!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines