Highlighted

Transferring star rating for photos from Lr to LrC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tagging photos as one star that I eventually want to edit but I'm moving over to work in LrC from Lr as I want the ability for Smart Collections.  Is there anyway to move the ratings for photos I tagged as "one star" in Lr over to LrC so I don't have to re-tag the photos again?

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transferring star rating for photos from Lr to LrC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tagging photos as one star that I eventually want to edit but I'm moving over to work in LrC from Lr as I want the ability for Smart Collections.  Is there anyway to move the ratings for photos I tagged as "one star" in Lr over to LrC so I don't have to re-tag the photos again?

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can think of to do that would be to highlight all the images in the smart collection and create a "regular" collection because smart collections cannot be synchronized.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos I had tagged in Lr were not in a collection, just the main library.  I downloaded LrC to be able to get LrC, but the photos I had tagged in Lr as one star were not tagged as such in LrC.  So I have to go through again now the tagging.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Star ratings should sync between Cloudy and Classic. Keywords will not. So if you tag a keyword "One Star" it will not sync over but simply tapping/clicking a single star on the image in cloudy Lightroom will sync to Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened LrC and searchd for one star rated photos and it did not pick up the ones that I had tagged inside Lr.  Shucks. If anyone has any tips of how I do get it sync, that would be wonderful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see when you click on the little cloud icon in Classic? What happens when you go into preferenes and look at the sync tab? Star ratings definitely sync for me back and forth as long as syncing is working on both sides.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I clicked on it and it got me 70% of the way there. It kept on getting held up/froze where i would restart multiple times and get then a few more incremental pictures to sync up.  I still had gaps as it never completely synced but it helped. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines