• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform issue with HDR images

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a new problem when pasting Develop Settings >Transform to HDR images. 

When I past a guided transform setting from my base exposure onto an HDR image made from the base and two other exposures, the transform guides are loaded incorrectly/ sideways. This is a workflow I've used for years and know it works fine, until now. 

I am moreover simply confused as to why this is suddenly a problem. Have I perhaps accidentally enabled feature without knowing?

I'm working with a FUJI GFX100, 2019 MAcBook Pro 16'' running OS10.15.6 with Lightroom Classic CC 9.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that pasting the transform setting onto a non HDR image works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've tripped over a bug that's been in LR since LR 1, which Adobe refuses to fix, declaring the current behavior "as-designed". When you copy any develop setting that involves x-y coordinates on the photo (a crop, a local adjustments, an upright transform) from a rotated photo to a photo that isn't rotated, LR gets the coordinates confused.

In your case, the inputs to the HDR were photos rotated in the camera. The camera records the pixels in landscape format and sets the EXIF:Orientation metadata field to -90 or +90 to indicate that the camera was rotated.  But when LR makes an HDR, it rotates the pixels themselves of the resulting DNG, and it sets the EXIF:Orientation field to 0.   Thus, the camera originals were "rotated" and the HDR DNG is "not rotated", which triggeres the bug.

Please add your constructive opinion and details of what you're doing to the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-local-adjustments-and-crops...

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.  Who knows, they might change their mind and fix the bug before the next ice age.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you John. I've posted my thoughts to the thread you've provided. 

Your explanation makes sense to me, but the idea that this behavior is as designed seems awfully problematic. It has drastically complicated my workflow and furthermore is yet another issue inching me closer to leaving Adobe's platform.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines