• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform tool problems since latest update in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, Is it just me or has anyone else had issues with the transform tools?  I take still images for real estate interiors and my workflow included applying tranform (typically auto or vertical) to the first image of several bracketed exposures and flash images and then syncing the transform across all images.  Since the latest update, images are no longer appear to be given the exact transform as the first image.  They each appear to be given a transform independent of eachother and so now, when sending them as layers in photoshop and auto aligning them, it is creating misalignment issues.  Help.     

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will help us to answer your question if you could provide the exact version number you have installed and details of your operating system e.g.
• Windows 10 v1809, v1903; MacOS Mojave (10.14) Catalina (10.15)
• Lightroom v3.2; Lightroom Classic v9.2, Lightroom Mobile iOS v5.2, Lightroom Mobile Android v5.2
You can find this from your application menu:
Help >> System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the EXACT same issue and I'm desperate for a solution to this! It's so frustrating. I'm on Catalina 10.15.3 and have LR Classic v9.2. Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know I'm not the only one to notice. Thought I was going crazy.
Much easier to get the verticals done first in LR and then do more refined
adjustments in PS if needed. Hope more folks chime who are having the same
issue or that happen to know the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 version 10.0.18363 and Lightroom Classic v9.2. Thanks
for looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mojave 10.14.6 and Lightroom 9.2. On a related note, when I open images in Lightroom that I have previously edited, Lightroom appears to force an auto transform. If I go back one step in the history and then one forward, it goes away. This never happened before and just started in the last week so I assume it's related to a Lightroom update. It's very annoying. Please advise. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you shooting with a tripod? Have you tried selecting the thumbnails in the filmstrip and then turning on auto-sync before applying the transform? Does it make any difference if you align in Photoshop first, and then do the transform as the final step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon, I use a heavy tripod, it's definitely a software issue that
wasn't there before. But I tried autosync images before applying the
transform and that seems to do the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transform works 2 different ways depending how you do it.  See here for a detailed explaination.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2013/04/lightroom-5-beta-upright-sync-behavior.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the exact cause or solution for this, but one of the changes mentioned in the release notes for Lightroom Classic 9.2 is “Expanding on our GPU support, we have added full GPU acceleration for Lens Correction and Transform adjustments.” That implies that the Transform code was changed in this version, possibly for the first time in a while. If those changes are somehow related to the new behavior you’re seeing, then the behavior might be different with GPU acceleration off vs on. Have you noticed if toggling GPU acceleration changes how the transformation is applied to the synced images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad: Thanks for the reply. I disabled the GPU acceleration but the transform issues persisted. Do you know if Adobe is working on this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then maybe the problem isn’t related to the new GPU acceleration. At least we ruled that out.

I don’t know if Adobe is working on it, but if none of the forum folks here can think of a solution, then it would be worth checking the official Lightroom Feedback site. First, check there to see if anyone else has reported it and if it’s already being voted up and discussed. If not, create a new problem report. I didn’t see this mentioned there when I took a quick look under the Problems heading.

The difference between this site and the Feedback site is that this forum is just discussions, while a post on that site can be voted on, tracked, and some get a status update from Adobe engineering staff. Many of the fixes listed for each release of Photoshop and Lightroom directly reference user reports on that site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Conrad, I'll check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further testing it appears the way transform is SUPPOSED to work according the following blog is no longer the case in Lr9.2

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2013/04/lightroom-5-beta-upright-sync-behavior.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-transform-doesnt-copy-sync-correctl...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this issue too.  I had to revert back to 9.1 until this issue is resolved.  I rely on the transform tool syncing across multiple images heavily as part of my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any movement on this issue? I have been without auto transform for over a year due to this update. It doesn't make sense why it is so far off. It seems like they could detect straight lines or possibly pull from camera meta data to correct this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seem to me that with every LrC update... it gets worse and worse. I just want the hours I spend each day having to go through every photos and deal with these issues back. I am seriously thinking of looking for a different program. Something has to be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you revert back to a previous update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@matthews87133552 wrote:

How do you revert back to a previous update?

See this page:
Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after updating the new ver. 11.0 . 

Everyday I shoot hdr photo of real estate so I have always used auto sync with auto transform etc for all group of 5 photos. Now I can't do this!!!!

Iam very very angry!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've said it's not working Marcin, but you've not said how. This post doesn't even refer to Lightroom Classic 11, so a new post would have been a better option for help. 

What are your steps, and at what point are you seeing the issue? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have exact tha same issue as Marcin described in LR Classic V.11 (and 11.1)

Transform do not work as supposed. 
When marking several photos, exact same photo but with different exposure, then the result are different on each photo. 
That's a big issue when I make a HDR of the result. The HDR becomes blury. 
Only solution is to push the "Sync" button afterwards. But why this extra step, when LR used to sync automatically in earlier versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Marcin218240280qrh  @peterw92635922 

Correct workflow is-

1) HDR First.

2) Transform & edit the DNG HDR.

HDR (& Panorama merge) process uses the original raw files and auto-aligns automatically, then you can transform, crop etc.

No need to 'Sync' anything. Now you are working only with the one new DNG file.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines