• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried everything but cant get it to print how i see it on screen

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having problems with printing with the wf7525 epson printer. My monitor is calibrated and ive tried various outputs in the profile settings with no avail.

Ive turned off no colout adjustment on the printer and used various profiles in lightroom but it still prints badly.

My proofing is matched perfect too.

The only way ive managed to get it better is to change the colour controls under printer management but with 20 sheets of paper used and lots of ink it still doesnt match.

There must be an easier way to do this.

Included are screen shots.

I tried leaving it to let printer profile decide management in lightroom and in the printer dialogue box said no colour management but its still no good.

It seems either dark or the greens are not right.

been trying all day to sort it but no matter what combination  i use it does not print right.

20201107_211108.jpg

 

20201108_113023.jpg

 

20201108_113052.jpg

 

Only way  i got it tp print better was to adjust these sliders but that is tricky and time consuming. 

There must be a way to do this easy.

20201108_093715.jpg

 

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a case of double color management. In Lightroom you have indicated managed by the printer, and yet you have selected a paper profile and other settings. And then you have set other settings in the printer driver. If you're going to let the printer manage the settings you don't want to choose a paper profile in Lightroom. You don't want to set any sharpening settings in Lightroom. You want to do all of those adjustments in the printer driver.

If you want to do all of those adjustments in Lightroom then the only setting you choose in your printer driver is paper type, and that would be directed by instructions that come with your paper. On my Canon printer, I set all other color management settings to "None". Then Lightroom is where I choose the exact paper profile for the paper I'm using. Since I don't use an Epson printer, I can't tell you what settings you should choose. But you can't control in both the printer driver and Lightroom and expect to get satisfactory prints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly suggest to use the Windows print screen tool (Win+Shift+S) instead of taking pictures of the screen.

It's much easier to see the content ...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree. It would be a lot easier to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never select Managed by Printer. Gives lousy results.

Use a icc profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what icc profile though. ive tried all lightroom ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to successfully print from Lightroom using the option managed by printer as long as you choose all the options in the printer driver. That would include choosing the paper profile, paper type, and all other settings. Then you would not try to set anything whatsoever in the Lightroom print settings. It's up to the user to decide which method provides them with the greater control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just doesnt work for me. tried it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warrenr9740958_0-1604870200650.png

warrenr9740958_1-1604870242469.png

warrenr9740958_2-1604870275665.png

No matter what i do i cant get it to match my screen. its either to dark to orange. Spent all day and wasted ink and paper. I would pay someone to sort this out. Ive tried every combination. ICC, letting lightroom do colour management and disable printer dialogue box. and i have tried the other way around. I'm not stupid!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're not stupid - correct printing is a challenge. A few things:

- Start with default settings in the printer driver - no color control settings or alike.

- If you have an icc profile for your paper, select this within LrC. You may have to activate it first in LrC to see it in the drop down. Turn color management off in the printer driver for that case.

Read more here: https://www.datacolor.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/How-To-Lightroom.pdf

Your printer installation probably installed icc profiles for all Epson papers.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines