• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried everything, still no before view in develop module.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help. I have re-installed lightroom classic this morning to try and cure this problem. When i use the before / after view I only get an after view, the before is greyed out. I have the catalogue on the C drive. The photos are in a onedrive synced folder. I read that changing the colour profile to sRGB fixes this. I have changed it to that by default. I have a brand new surface 7 pro running windows 10. The only added programmes I have on this machine are creative cloud apps and office 365. I have disabled stream HDR. Any new ideas I could try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that changing the colour profile to sRGB fixes this. I have changed it to that by default.

Do you mean that you set the monitor profile to sRGB?

See the screenshot below for the correct procedure.

If Lightroom is running, it has to be restarted to become aware of the new profile.

color-management.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need to see a screen shot of what you are seeing on your computer.

IMHO the monitor profile has nothing to do with showing you both the Before and After version of a image.

I suggest you try disabling the GPU option in the LR Classic preferences on the Performance tab and test.

Best to restart your system as well.

And PLEASE post a screen shot of what you are seeing. I can't think of any reason whey you are getting the Before part Grayed Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A defective monitor profile can cause display problems with Before/After.

See for instance this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/before-after-not-working-blank/td-p/9501755?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines