Highlighted

trouble importing into Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Lightroom Classic and the latest MacOS Catalina. I am trying to import my photos into Lightroom to edit. When I try from either a memory card or from a file of photos on my desktop or external drive, one of two problems occur:

1- either some photos load on the screen but not the rest and a spinning beach ball takes over in which case  It forces me to "force quite" from Lightroom

2. - Photos load but I can't scroll down to see them all and the spinning beach ball takes over and again I have to "force quit" Lightroom.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

trouble importing into Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Lightroom Classic and the latest MacOS Catalina. I am trying to import my photos into Lightroom to edit. When I try from either a memory card or from a file of photos on my desktop or external drive, one of two problems occur:

1- either some photos load on the screen but not the rest and a spinning beach ball takes over in which case  It forces me to "force quite" from Lightroom

2. - Photos load but I can't scroll down to see them all and the spinning beach ball takes over and again I have to "force quit" Lightroom.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the following does not sound like your issue, it might be tripping something up, and checking on the following is quick and simple.

Key word is Catalina. One stumbling block with that is increased cyber security in the MACOS. Problem many users have is ignoring or incorrectly answering a inquiry by the OS as to permission for an Application, and this can occur multiple times as the Application attempts to access files, folders, and other protected bits.

On your MAC bring up System Preferences, select Security & Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, make sure all boxes are checked, do this also for a Photoshop.

24B889B6-3CB6-40C8-9C4A-F3059CA518D8.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

You might also, want to scroll up and check the same for Photos (if you place photos  in that default folder)

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mh32356/mac

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Tried your suggestions to no avail. As soon as I move. my mouse to select
import photos, it turns into the spinning ball and I am now frozen.

--
*David Voros*
http://davidvoros.photography
484-951-4529

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines