Highlighted

trouble importing raw files from Nikon D5500

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm just starting to use LR Classic on a macbook pro. I went to import raw from my Nikon D5500 and got an error. Looked it up and saw (elsewhere in this forum) that the D5500 isn't supported in classic for raw. But Adobe lists the D5500 as one of the cameras that is supported. Please clarify. Thanks.

Topics

Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

trouble importing raw files from Nikon D5500

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm just starting to use LR Classic on a macbook pro. I went to import raw from my Nikon D5500 and got an error. Looked it up and saw (elsewhere in this forum) that the D5500 isn't supported in classic for raw. But Adobe lists the D5500 as one of the cameras that is supported. Please clarify. Thanks.

Topics

Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us the exact word-for-word error message.

Your camera was supported long before Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I guess not really an error, but it wouldn't let me add and it doesn't seem to see the NEF files?

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.45.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.45.39 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click on the triangle at the bottom left of the import dialog?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot does not show enough info about the from-to-how of your import.

If you are importing from the camera or SD card, you must do a "copy" import to get your images onto your hard drive. "Add" is only available when the files are already off the camera/card and on a permanent drive already.

Normally, if you cannot select the files to import it is either due to (1) the Destination panel pointing to a location you do not have WRITE priviledges to, or (2) the files have already been imported previously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. I'll play around with that tomorrow and then will post again.

P.S. Joe Cool rocks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. Anything I should know about moving images from the card to the hard drive (I'm putting them on an external LaCie)? I previously used Aperture and so am just learning LR. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot of your Finder panel may be telling. Why are those files grayed out. I suspect a MACOS issue, not an Adobe  issue.

I suspect, that if you attempt to copy those photos to a hard drive folder via Finder, that you cannot.

What is your MACOS? Somehow I suspect Catalina.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still on Mojave. Needing to move to LR before I upgrade the OS because the newest OS won't work with Aperture.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. Have no idea why I am remebering this, but check the date/time on your MAC.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some odd issues can arise when the time on your MAC is off. Probably would require time/date of files on SD card to be newer than daye on MAC. Very out in the weeds.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, with some help from someone, I figured out that I hadn't changed the setting to export the photos to my external drive. Once I did that, it all worked. Sharing this here in case it helps someone else. Thanks all. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was an import problem, not an export problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines