Highlighted

trouble opening files from LRCC to PSCC

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently did a clean install of Mac OS and now running into trouble with permission issues and a this notice in LR  " lr was unable to prepare the selected files at/ volume/OWC6T/ ....it will not open.

when i change the permission in file it opens. how can i change permissions to all photos?

I'm guessing im going to run into this issue with all my files? Specifically files from Final Cut .

I've gone into disk utility and did a repair on all the disks but this didn't seem to resolve issues.

Thanks for any guidence.

Owen

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

trouble opening files from LRCC to PSCC

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently did a clean install of Mac OS and now running into trouble with permission issues and a this notice in LR  " lr was unable to prepare the selected files at/ volume/OWC6T/ ....it will not open.

when i change the permission in file it opens. how can i change permissions to all photos?

I'm guessing im going to run into this issue with all my files? Specifically files from Final Cut .

I've gone into disk utility and did a repair on all the disks but this didn't seem to resolve issues.

Thanks for any guidence.

Owen

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MACOS Catalina?

Think App rights

Outside of Lightroom Classic, in the MACOS, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, for Lightroom Classic and for Photoshop, make sure all boxes are checked, Scroll back up to Photos, if you store your catalog or photos in the MACOS folder Photos, make sure Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are included,

DC8C9B60-438F-49C7-98A2-7189D3C0729E.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

high sierra

don't see files and folders in privacy tab

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not applicable to High Sierra

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0