• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble playing back voice memos from Nikon D4s in Lightroom Classic.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find the audio files associated with the photos anywhere. In the past this was possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

If a photo (save XXX.NEF) has an accompanying sound file XXX.WAV, it will appear in the Metadata panel:

johnrellis_0-1594350752673.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I don't see it in the latest versions for maybe a few years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually Make a Recording and have the camera Save it to the image file?

Above is a screen shot of what johnrellis is seeing on his install of, more than likely, the newest version of LrC with the Metadata display option set to Default. So If you aren't seeing "Audio File" entry then there is no Audio file embedded or accompanying that image file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be the answer I was looking for because I've been trying to use it for a long time when it disappeared for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thank you, but I don't see it in the latest versions for maybe a few years now."

Next steps to troubleshoot this:

1. Please copy here the first ten lines from the LR menu command Help > System Info.

2. How do you import photos from your camera, with a USB cable or a card reader?  Do you use Nikon software to do the importing?

3. Take a new photo and then record an audio annotation.  Then import the photo into LR. Assuming the audio annotation doesn't get imported, in LR right-click the photo and do Show In Finder / Explorer. Do you see the audio file next to the photo file?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to copy from memory card to hard drive to lightroom. If you try from memory card directly to lightroom, it will not copy the WAV files! So card to hard drive to lightroom is the way to go as I just tested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found the solution. Thanks for replying with it. this will help others in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines