Highlighted

Trouble synching Lightroom Classic with Lightroom Cloud

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want my photo collection in the Adobe cloud however, I would like to use the Lightroom Cloud to capture my iPhone RAW shots (as well as other shots when I am travelling) and then transfer these to Lightroom Classic on my desktop.  The download aspect of the synch process worked fine however, my files on my desktop also started uploading to the Adobe cloud - I paused the synch and it's still in a paused state.  Not sure what to do to prevent this from happening.  I've been to Lightroom Synch in Preferences...

TOPICS
Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble synching Lightroom Classic with Lightroom Cloud

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want my photo collection in the Adobe cloud however, I would like to use the Lightroom Cloud to capture my iPhone RAW shots (as well as other shots when I am travelling) and then transfer these to Lightroom Classic on my desktop.  The download aspect of the synch process worked fine however, my files on my desktop also started uploading to the Adobe cloud - I paused the synch and it's still in a paused state.  Not sure what to do to prevent this from happening.  I've been to Lightroom Synch in Preferences...

TOPICS
Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem right. The only images that synchronize FROM Lightroom Classic to the cloud are images that you put into a collection and then deliberately choose to synchronize that collection. If you have images that are synchronizing then it would seem that you have collections that have been marked to be synchronized.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing screen shots of what YOU are SEEING on YOUR computer it is really hard to tell what is going on.

As above No images are ever synced FROM LrC to the Cloud system unless they are in a LrC Collection and that Specific Collection is then Synced (or has been marked to Sync) with the Lr Web and Mobile system.

But you can still see Sync activity in LrC from it Downloading images that you have taken with your phone, Imported into the Lr Mobile app on your phone, which was then uploaded from your phone to the Lr Web system and then Downloaded to your computer, Once LrC is open.

So without seeing screen shots no one knows what is going on on Your Computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0