Copy link to clipboard
Lightroom Classic ver 10.0 fails to detect Nikon Z7 or D810 cameras.
MacBook Pro 16
OS 10.15.7 (Catalina)
Lightroom Classic 10.0
Tether Tools tether cables (2 different, NEW)
Nikon camera have latest firmware installed.
ALL steps in Adobe Troubleshooing Tethering have been tried unsuccessfully
I installed a trial version of Nikon Capture One 20 to test. It tethers perfectly. NOT Lightroom Classic. The problem appears to be with Lightroom Classic. Any more suggestions?
perhaps the part about resetting the preferences file (8)
Every item on the list from your link has been checked, tried and failed.
1. Lightroom Classic ver 10.0 (Mac)
2. Nikon Z7 and Nikon D810 both on supported camera list
3. Camera has been turned on and off
4. Camera and cmoputer have been powered off, on and reconnected
5. Empty XQD card in place. Also tried without card
6. Two brand NEW Tether Tools cables tried
7. 2Tb SSD with 1.5 Tb free space
8. Lightroom Classic preferences have been reset
9. Nikon firmware at the latest v. 3.12
10. Tried with NO other applications running
11. There are no transfer mode settings
12. Windows only item -- Does not apply to Mac
13. I am in Adobe Community searchng for help
14. Tethering with Nikon Capture One 20 works perfectly with the same camera, cable and computer that fails to tether with Lightroom Classic
All the above items from Adobe's Troubleshoot tethered capture have been tried and failed to solve the problem.
See my reply to GoldinD for each of the things I tried including verifying my camera is supported with up-to-date firmware and running the latest Lightroom Classic v 10.0. Still no luck. Thanks for teh suggestions.