• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

troublesome Performance LR classic

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience a huge performance issue with lightroom classic (worst with local adjustments), altough I checked for all recommendations and settings, e.g. noise, sharpening and profile correction not active.

This is not understandable even more that I got the latest iMac with the most powerful processor version (3.6GHz 8-core Intel Core i9 and 40GB RAM) running on OS Mojave. Even more irritating is what Activity Monitor is saying. In the screenshot as an example, CPU load by LR 280% (or even higher, and the fan is in full operation) but according the graph CPU load is marginal and overall the system states 80% idle!?!?

Is there any solution for this? I mean waiting ten or more seconds for each brush stroke or slider adjustment kills the creative process completly.  

Screenshot 2019-12-25 at 11.37.22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common problem when doing a lot of local adjustments on a photo. The problem is made worse if you have a 4K or larger monitor. The problem is made worse if your original photo is large (let's say 24 megapixels or bigger).

Try turning of the GPU acceleration in Lightroom (note: this may make other things slower). Try doing the brushing in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic doesn't take advantage of my iMac Pro either. Everything works slow and both CPU and GPU load is marginal. Lousy optimization IMHO. Unfortunately Apple discontinued Aperture.

iMac Pro 18 cores running Lightroom ClassiciMac Pro 18 cores running Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines