• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to delete from disk images previously removed from catalog.

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My image library exists both locally and on an external drive. Sometimes I work without the external drive connected. Once in a while, I'll attempt to delete a mix of images that are both local, and on the disconnected extrenal drive. Because the "Delete from Disk" button is active, I had always assumed that the files located externally would eventually be deleted when I next connected the external drive.

Unfortunately, that's not the case, and now I have a bunch of image files not represented in my catalog that I'd like to delete from the disk. Any idea how to do this easily?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Connect the externnal drive select the Folder the images are in that you removed and use the Synchronize Folder option to Re=import them then Delete from Disk those images. They will all show up in the Previous Import link in the Catalog section of the Library module.

Next time you are working in LrC Connect the External drive or Select JUST the ONE Folder that holds the Files you plan on working on, Deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Connect the externnal drive select the Folder the images are in that you removed and use the Synchronize Folder option to Re=import them then Delete from Disk those images. They will all show up in the Previous Import link in the Catalog section of the Library module.

Next time you are working in LrC Connect the External drive or Select JUST the ONE Folder that holds the Files you plan on working on, Deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines